Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Tights are the new pants right?

Lately I have been experiencing the sight of tights, knit tights,  and spandex replacing where pants once had dominated...... Your legs!

 Tights are great for just about any outfit you wear. I myself like put on tights when wearing a short hemmed skirt or dress. You can still look sexy without feeling over exposed.

Now I maybe preaching to the choir, but here are a few things that you shouldn't do with tights:
  1. If they are see through when you stretch the tights out, they WILL not cover you bum. Yes ladies,  I always know color of underwear you have on when you wear tights as pants. 
  2. If you are wanting to slim your silhouette, tights ALONE does not do the trick. I can see all that jiggles in tights. 
    • Alternative: Match tights with a flirty skirt, dress, or a pair of shorts to direct the attention to your waistline, long legs, or your amazing booty, (just not see through clothes, leave it for pj parties). 
    • Alternative: get some Spanx, or any slimming tights. These aren't usually see through and keeps your "jiggles" in place.
  3. If you are going to wear a long t- shirt with tights, stick with knit tights! Nylon tights are more translucent then knit tights.
Now there are some blurred lines when it comes to dance events, performances in the Lindy Hop/Jazz world, but here is my solution... BLOOMERS! Honestly, they are perfect with any short, flying, crazy, oh my gosh what is she wearing skirt/dress. If your bum is relatively covered you are in the green.
Burlesque performances are in another realm and hopefully will write a blog about that soon!

Lastly, if you are unsure, ask your friend,
" Hey, can you see my underwear through these tights?" 

No comments: