Thursday, January 28, 2010

Personal Mission Statement

I am a tad late posting this. Recently, I had to write a personal mission statement. Something I haven't quite considered before, but I love goals and list so I was ready for the opportunity (and the awesome grade I got in class).
Now, it took me a few days to come up what I wanted to write. Here are some links that helped me out. Quintessential Careers had some great ideas. I highly advise going through these statement questionnaires because it helps you write about who you are and what you want from yourself. The idea is simple but the process is a bit hard.

So here is mine! I wrote this with the short term scheme of 1-3 years. As time goes I will evaluate myself with this statement to see if I am following according to my statement or do I need to adjust since life always changes.

My Statement

To achieve great things, you must put out the best effort.
I will not complain about having no opportunities instead I will search for them and strive to do my best once given a door to open. I will have faith in myself that I can only lose opportunities, not fail.

In order to take, you must give.
I will contribute my skills and talents to build a good social community where ever I live. I wil show compassion and be present for my family and friends.

My actions will speck for who I am. I will be cautious with my words and my actions.
By example, I will demonstrate my dedication , determination, and creativity with any company that I work for. I will encourage others around me to keep a healthy attitude by leaving my "baggage" at the door. I will speak with honesty and integrity.

I will uphold a leadership role.
In any role that I may possess whether it is a designer, family member, mother, wife, friend, or co-worker, I will continue to uphold my responsibilities and be aware of my performance. I will live by my actions and display standard morals and ethics.

No comments: